Frequently Asked Questions about Motorcycle Accidents in Florida
Knowing what to do after a motorcycle accident in Florida can be overwhelming. Fortunately, you're not alone. We can help. Experienced West Palm Beach motorcycle accident lawyer David Glatthorn has dedicated his career to fighting for the rights of injury victims just like you.
Knowledge is power. That's why attorney Glatthorn compiled this list of some of the most frequently asked questions about motorcycle accidents in Florida. We believe clients should know as much as possible about their accident. That way, they can make intelligence choices.
Make your case matter. Call (800) 990-9394 right now and schedule a free case review.
- Are motorcyclists in Florida required to wear helmets?
- Who causes most motorcycle accidents involving a car or truck?
- What are common causes of motorcycle accidents in Florida?
- What can I do if I'm falsely blamed for causing my motorcycle accident?
- What should I do if I'm a victim of a hit-and-run motorcycle accident?
- Who investigates motorcycle accidents in Florida?
- Should I schedule a follow-up appointment with a doctor if I feel ok?
- Should I contact my insurance company after my motorcycle accident?
- Should I accept an offer from an insurance company for my motorcycle accident?
- Can I negotiate with insurance companies after my motorcycle accident?
- Can I file a personal injury lawsuit for my Florida motorcycle accident?
- Why should I hire a Florida motorcycle accident attorney to handle my case?
Not everyone has to wear a motorcycle helmet in Florida. Motorcyclists at least 21 years old who have a minimum medical insurance policy of $10,000 do not have to wear a helmet. All motorcyclists under 21 years old must wear a helmet.
Other drivers and insurance companies often blame motorcyclists for causing multiple vehicle accidents. The truth? It's the drivers of cars and trucks, not motorcyclists, who cause most of these accidents.
Motorcycle accidents caused by other drivers happen for many reasons. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted drivers
- Texting drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Tired drivers
- Inattentive drivers
- Speeding drivers
Contact us immediately. We have years of experience defending the rights of motorcycle accident victims. We know how to investigate motorcycle accidents and build strong legal cases designed to succeed.
If you're at the scene of the accident:
- Contact police immediately
- Talk to witnesses. Get their full names, addresses and phone numbers
- Write down any details you can remember about your accident, including:
- Car manufacturer
- Car color
- License plate number
- Driver details
- Seek immediate medical attention
If you're dealing with the aftermath of your hit-and-run motorcycle accident:
- Follow up with police and see if they have any additional information
- Contact us. We know how to investigate hit-and-run accidents and deliver results
Local police departments in Florida and/or the Florida Highway Patrol investigate motorcycle accidents in West Palm Beach and nearby communities depending on where the accident took place. No matter which law enforcement agency is handling your investigation. Make sure you have someone on your side looking out for your best interests. Make sure you contact us.
Yes. Even if you feel fine, don't try to diagnose yourself. Everyone should seek immediate medical attention right after a motorcycle accident. And make sure you schedule a follow-up appointment with a doctor a few days later. You could have a life-threatening internal motorcycle accident injury.
Yes. However, keep your comments brief. Remember, anything you say could be used by insurance companies to keep financial payments to you to a minimum. Contact us. We can deal directly with insurance companies on your behalf.
Before you accept any offer, make sure you carefully discuss the details with our experienced West Palm Beach motorcycle accident lawyers. What might seem like a great offer might not even come close to covering the true cost of your motorcycle accident.
Yes. However, don't try to do this on your own. Remember, you're dealing with large corporations that often hire entire teams of attorneys to keep payments to injury victims to a minimum. They don't intimidate us. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies and we know how to win.
Yes. Sometimes, filing a personal injury lawsuit in West Palm Beach or wherever you motorcycle accident took place is the best way to obtain the money you rightfully deserve. That's why it's critical you meet with us to discuss all your legal options.
Motorcycle accident injury victims often only get one opportunity to obtain the financial compensation they rightfully deserve for their accident. Make your case matter. Contact West Palm Beach motorcycle accident lawyer David J. Glatthorn. As your legal advisers, we can:
- Investigate your motorcycle accident
- Help you fill out accident-related paperwork
- Deal directly with insurance companies
- Negotiate with insurance companies
- File a personal injury lawsuit if necessary
- Take insurance companies to court if necessary
Give your case an edge. Call (800) 990-9394 and schedule a free case review. We do not rest until justice is served.