Steps After An Accident - What You Need To Know To Protect Your Rights
What would you do if you were involved in a car accident in Florida caused by another driver? It's easy to think clearly now about your plan of action. But during the heat of the moment, it's often hard to know what's the right thing to do.
West Palm Beach car accident lawyer David Glatthorn has helped people involved in car accidents for more than 30 years. He understands how the state's legal system works and knows how to obtain compensation for car accident victims.
Every accident is unique - just like you. That's why attorney Glatthorn works closely with clients to develop a strategy that suits their specific legal needs. Even so, there are certain things every person should do immediately after a car accident. Here are attorney Glatthorn's suggestions.
Experienced Florida car accident attorney David J. Glatthorn wants to help you
- Call the police. Let the police deal with your accident. They're the experts. They've dealt with hundreds of accidents. Plus by having them there, you'll have an official record of exactly what happened to you.
- Don't move the vehicles. If it's safe to keep your cars right where they are, do so. That way police can see exactly what happened. It's just like any crime scene you see on television. The less the scene of the accident has been altered, the better.
- Gather evidence. Don't just rely on the police to record what happened at your accident. Take pictures of the accident, write down the full names and phone numbers of any witnesses, draw a diagram of the accident. Evidence builds strong legal cases.
- Seek medical treatment. Even if you don't think you're hurt, see a doctor. You could have internal injuries. What might seem minor could actually be very serious. Plus by seeing a doctor, you will have an official record in case you want to obtain compensation.
- Call a lawyer. Attorney David Glatthorn can look out for your best interests. He doesn't work for the police department or an insurance company. He works exclusively for you. Call 800-990-9394 and schedule a free case review today. Your case matters.