A Palm Beach Auto Accident Attorney’s Rainy Day Driving Tips
Wet roads in Palm Beach County mean traffic delays. On a recent rainy morning, at least ten Palm Beach County car crashes were reported, causing delays on I-95 from Jupiter to Boca Raton.
Spring is on its way, which means there is a good chance of more rain. You may not be able to avoid driving in the rain, but these safety tips from Palm Beach auto accident attorney David Glatthorn can help you avoid becoming a Florida accident victim.
Florida Rainy Weather Driving Tips
- Combine your trips to reduce the amount of time you spend on the road.
- Before leaving home, check traffic and weather reports for any delays, road closures, or flooding along your route.
- Bring your cell phone, but don't use it while driving.
- Slow down. Travelling at high speeds increases your risk of hydroplaning.
- Use your headlights. Not only will they help you see, but they will help other drivers to see you.
- Increase your following distance. When roads are wet, it takes more time to stop.
- While on the highway, stay in the center lane. Water often pools in the outside lanes.
- Always drive slowly when going through puddles. This will allow you to back out if the puddle suddenly gets deeper. Never drive through a puddle with moving water.
Palm Beach auto accident attorney David Glatthorn has written a book to help Florida injury victims. Request your free copy of The Florida Accident Workbook: Tools, Tips & Tactics to Resolve Your Injury Claim. If you would like to discuss an accident claim with a South Florida personal injury lawyer, contact David Glatthorn at 888-340-2620.